Thursday, January 17, 2008

Depression

Many people are diagnosed with an illness called depression. Many more have the illness but go undiagnosed. I suffer from depression. I am not ashamed of my illness. I have tried many coping methods, some good, some not so good. I have found that being creative is a great coping skill. When I sit down to bead, I can be so focused I get lost in my own little world. I feel no more pain. I am thankful to those around me who understand my need to be creative and to bead.

I just needed to get that off my chest.

2 comments:

RandomNotions said...

My thoughts go out to you. i know what you are talking about and beading is very therapeutic for me also...right now in my life it and starting up this etsy thing is my escape...perhaps that is why i seem to only focus on this and nothing else

erinpetersonart said...

I know how you feel. I'm the same way. Etsy is a good antidepressant, too, unless you never get sales!
My boyfriend just got diagnosed with bipolar disorder and it has been a huge eye opener. Art has been a great help to us both.